Sanskrit has been the most ancient of all languages. It is also known as the Mother of many Foreign languages. It is also known to be the most systematic and technical language of all. In ancient days, people used to communicate only in Sanskrit language. All of the ancient scriptures and vedas are being written in Sanskrit itself. The Holy book “श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता” is also written in Sanskrit. But the present generation has totally forgotten the power of this holy language. Here are some of the interesting facts about Sanskrit language that I think you must be aware of:
- Out of all languages, only Sanskrit has the power to say something using the minimum amount of words.
- There are numerous synonyms for each word in the language of Sanskrit. For instance, a simple word like the elephant has about a hundred synonyms. English has only one word for love, Sanskrit has 96.
- Sanskrit is perhaps the most accurate language phonetically and otherwise. It makes use of 49 types of sounds that make pronunciations of different kinds of words very distinct.
- “Sudharma” is the only Sanskrit daily newspaper in the world. The newspaper has been published since 1970 from Mysore in Karnataka, India and is also available online.
- Before the invasion of the Arabs, Sanskrit was the national language of the Indian Subcontinent.
- Three world religions- Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism have adopted Sanskrit as their scholarly language.
- Sanskrit slokas
- Sanskrit vedas and their Hindi translation
- Sanskrit Essays
- Sanskrit Grammar
- Sanskrit Translation/Conversation
- Sanskrit Subhasitani
- Sanskrit Mantras
- Sanskrit Counting
- Sanskrit Slogans
& much more. Source : https://ohfact.com/interesting-facts-sanskrit-language/
If you like the content, please do share it with your family and friends. If you have something more valuable that you would like to share , you can mail it to us at “sanskritslokasinfo(@)gmail(dot)com”
Thanks and Happy Reading!!!